top of page

Cap Allocation Petition

Main Office

Appeals Department


Recently cap allocation laws have gone through extensive review, which has resulted in some taxpayers possibly having a claim for allocation changes to various parts of their assessments. 

If you feel your caps are improperly allocated, you can come into our office and file in person or click the e-file option at the bottom of this page. 

Please note you can only appeal the cap allocations for the year described in the IC Code 6-1.1-15-1.1 below:

Excerpt from the recently passed legislation:

(i) This subsection applies only to an appeal based a claim of error in the determination of property that is or is not eligible for a standard homestead deduction under IC 6-1.1-12-37 and only for an assessment date occurring before January 1, 2024. A taxpayer may appeal an error in the assessment of property as described in this subsection any time after the official's action, but not later than one (1) year after the date on which the property that is the subject of the appeal was assessed.

bottom of page